Thursday, June 25, 2009

How do you cool off..Part II

Yesterday we went to one of the city's free water playgrounds! 
 This one is only 4ish blocks from our house and I think we may be there more as the heat continues.  I slathered up Tam with sunscreen and stuck him in one of the swim suit sets we got last Christmas. (Thank you shout out to the relatives who thought ahead and bought 12mth size, they fit perfectly!)  Hats for Tam and me, and of course the camera.  Brian assured me he had no desire to get wet, but I was all for cooling of in the water with Tam.

The water playgrounds, and wading pools, are free and open everyday from noon to 5.  I was glad to see that it wasn't overly crowded, and that the water was chlorinated and cool (not bone-chillingly cold).  Water sprays and shoots out of various columns at various intensities at various times.  The bottom surface is cement, and not much water collects (less than 1inch) so very little risk of any drownings.  

We lost no time getting Tam under some of the water fountains.  I wasn't sure if Tam would like getting sprayed with water or absolutely hate it.  No worries, Tam seemed to like it, if only for the fact that it cooled him off.  I'm glad I had the hat on him because it kept quite a lot of the water out of his eyes.  I let him "touch" the water drizzles, stand in the water spray, and sit and splash in the pools.  He liked the misting water and just watching the rest of the kids the best.  

Good times!  We stayed maybe 30 odd minutes before heading home for dinner.  I bet Tam sleeps well tonight after our water fun :-)
More great photos, taken by Brian, will be up on kodak site soon.  Look for the link shortly.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

That looks like so much fun! Wish we had one of those!

Thanks for entering my giveaway!

Staci A said...

Looks like he was enjoying it-such cute photos! I need to take my little one over to our spray park, I just hate that it's a huge drive to get there.