Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's hot...how do you cool off?

It is so hot here this week!  The outdoor temperatures have reached high 80s / 90s and we are all just wilting.  I realized on Monday that I own NO shorts that aren't maternity shorts so I have been flouncing around in my hippy skirts.  It wasn't until yesterday, as my little dude is sweating badly, that I was finally willing to shut all the windows and kick on the central air.  oooohhh ... how did we live without this sin before now?  Brian hates the heat, especially at night while trying to sleep.  He's been hiding out in the basement where it is cooler whenever he gets the chance.  Tam has been weathering the heat really well, I think.  He has been sweating, and drooling, like a maniac!  But, he still has lots of grins and...perhaps some little teeth soon?  

Anyways, we needed a quick way to cool our little dude down.  First, into the clean sink he went with about hip-deep cool water.  He, of course, loved it.  I gave him a spoon, teething ring, cup, and burbee cloth.  He was in heaven splashing the water with one hand and chewing on the spoon with the other.  Yeah!

The next day, we tried a rubber-maid tub in the yard... I filled it with about 1inch of water from the hose and threw in the cup, spoon, and rattle.  He again was quite content and cooled off well.  
But I forgot to snag my camera :-)  

How is every else trying to stay cool?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should have gotten the little kiddie pool like I wanted for you! Then you could be sticking your feet in, too! Best way to cool off the rest of your body is to keep your feet cool...and of course lots of water to drink...going naked doesn't help...trust me!
Momma Bear

Summer said...

Ah...but naked in front of the central air blowers = priceless :-)