Now that we own a house, the husband has lifted the ban on yardsale-ing and bringing home weird stuff. And there was much rejoicing! Yeah! (I have a bit of a problem of buying hideous things at cheap prices just for the humor of it and the good deal). Now this also means that I must make an effort to actually carry a wallet so I can stop and check out the merchandise. I'm hoping to find a newer crib at a good price so that we don't have to purchase one. Possibly a baby carrier as well. I have already found several too cute little outfits, a bouncer, and a play mat/gym. Currently, my baby finds are being shoved into the nursery closet because the room isn't finished yet. We must get through the kitchen first! One project at a time!
So as I was on the high from successful purchases at sales, I decided to head to the mall to find harnesses for the ol' girls now that they have increased in size. Well, in a short smidgen of time, my euphoria plummeted. I just need to accept that I am not the norm when it comes to the chest region. Nothing fit, maternity didn't fit, large shirts didn't fit, and I was completely bummed. As a girl, I promptly went home and had ice cream and a good self-pitying cry. The husband tried to be supportive and I know he loves me in all of my more-than-a-handful beauty :-) I don't think I would have taken it as harshly had not the baby hormones been working in overdrive. However, the internet is such a blessing...I went on-line and found chats of moms in the same boat as me. And I got some great leads on awesome websites for my size (www.figleaves.com). I got to try on my first undergarment armor yesterday and was completely flabbergasted at how well it fit AND how sexy it looked. Not to mention that the hubby was pleased as well. NEVER am I heading to the local retail stores again that make me feel so horrible! I am outside main-stream and (once again) proud to be abnormal!
No comments:
Post a Comment