First Mom Sales of the season...and my first Mom Sale in our new area. I had the Saturday off so I decided to take Tamlin out to sales. We were going to hit two sales, the first of which was a "big kid" sale, only 5T and larger. (I was pretty stoked to go to this one). I decided to have Tam come with me as an outing for the two of us. I gave him his little jean bag and $6 to spend. Tam is gaining the hang of snagging the deals, so I was confident in his price saviness. He's become so trained that he is always looking for sales at the stores too..."Look, mom, this toy has a red arrow and sale sign, can we get it?" or "Oh, mom. I want this one...oh, no sale...maybe next time, mom" (too cute).
How did we do?
Total score! $50 and about 50 items...included needed shorts and summer pajamas, several books, a couple of transformers, a few cars,a video game, and ...
A bucket of hexbugs (Tam's score)
and...
A telescope! (my score).
The lady selling the telescope said her daughter only used it a couple of times when she was around 12years old. I scooped it up, figuring even if it didn't work or was missing a lens, $8 wouldn't be too much of a loss. Well, the telescope totally works wonderfully...we just haven't had a clear night yet to actually look at the stars instead of just our trees.
The hexbugs were sold by a lady that didn't know their worth. Just one of those little beasties is sold for $5 at the store...and here was four bugs and a bunch of track. The concept of these is simple...little buggies that jitter around a little course that you can modify easily. Simple as they are, both boy really enjoy playing with them.
Can't wait for the next sale!
I love that little Jude's tongue sticks out when he is thinking really hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment