Thursday, March 20, 2014

Jude's Shoe Obsession

 This is Jude....
He has opinions...
Strong opinions...
One such opinion is about shoes...
Shoes!
He will not wear boots. Either the boots that fit or the boots that are slightly too big.  I gave up on boots this winter.
He would wear his blue Croc shoes all the time if we let him.
Blue shoes!
His previous favorite shoes were pink Croc shoes that I had picked up at a rummage sale.
Pink shoes!
Crocs!
Well, the favorite blue shoes are growing worn and I fear they won't last through the spring, let alone the summer.  The stores are already gearing up for the summer months, so sandals are all out and on sale currently.  We decided to go ahead and pick up some shoes for the boys for our future beach adventures (as soon as the weather warms a bit).  We found some off-brand croc-like shoes.  Tamlin picked out a pair of red ones.
And Jude?
Well...
Jude picked out the pink alligator / triceratops ones.

Brian and I looked at each other and shrugged.  I told Brian that I didn't mind our son in pink shoes if he didn't.  It certainly isn't a battle I care to fight and I have to problem letting him express himself as long as he wears shoes. Brian didn't care about the color either.

So Jude now owns pink alligator shoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that little guy! Two loving little boys with perfectly normal opinions....they will do just fine in life. Their parents are right in letting them have opinions as long as those opinions/choices do no harm. Kudos!
Nana