
After church, I was looking for an activity for the boys to do while lunch was being made. The boys made the brilliant decision to play with playdough. We have a whole rubber-maid tub of playdough paraphernalia that we have received or I have picked up at yard sales over the years. By far, the favorite are the car molds (thankfully, there are two of these). The playdough presses are also big hits. At first, Jude would make the cars, with help, but refuse to smash them / destroy them. He was constantly asking for more playdough to make more, rather than reuse what he had. Eventually, when he saw his brother Tam smooshing his cars, he realized that destruction was okay. Jude than asked to make butterflies. Butterflies? Where do I have anything to make butterflies, thought. Well, Captain Obvious saw his favorite insect on the handle of the press...something that I had never noticed. He then happily smooshed cars into butterflies, and then back to cars. Tamlin, likes to make long snakes and spaghetti...which he cuts up into little pieces. Oh, the bigger the mess the better. Luckily, I have a high tolerance for playdough mess, as long as it is contained to the kitchen with the easily sweepable linoleum floor. Good times.


No comments:
Post a Comment