I was just sitting down to blog and was struck with ... Nothing. When I hit a thought wall, turn to some of my fellow bloggers for inspiration. I quick journey through cyberspace got me thinking about what do I do that makes me happy or gives me that natural high.
Hmmm
So the first thing, as a mom, and I think that I am legally obligated to say, is my family makes me happy. Yep. They do. But I write enough about them on here all the time...
What about just for me?
Blogging life makes me happy. I truly enjoy taking photos of the family and our excursions and then capturing our thoughts and words about them. I then do love turning this blog into the photo book ... Even if it is so time consuming.(I'm a year behind on it). I love looking back through the books and just remembering the details about our lives.
I have really enjoyed sewing lately. I feel that I have learned so many new techniques and tips in the past year or so. I love trying something new and I delight on creating something to give away. Oh and the hippie side of me loves being able to recycle things into something that is wearable again. But, alas, sewing takes time too and I know I'll be back to once a week when school starts soon.
I still enjoy reading and find time to sneak it in before bed.
And I love roller coasters. Really, really can't wait until tam is a little bigger to go this rides with me. Keeping my fingers crossed to hit cedar point next summer... Hopefully.
Hmmm
And I really get a natural rush when I strike a great deal or bargain. I certainly attribute this to the yard sale gene that I carry. Just this past week I struck on our renaissance tickets for HALF off. Oh yeah. The money I saves on these buggers will pay for the tank of gas to get us over to the festival. I love the Internet for great deals.
I'm sure there are more things that make me happy... Like when both my boys sleep completely through the night... Or warm towels from the dryer... Or hiking through the woods... Or chocolate pomegranate cookies...
Or hugs from loved ones that squeeze you so hard you think your insides will burst through your eyeballs :-)
One of these days, I'll poll the men in the house on this too.
No comments:
Post a Comment