Tam is currently into flying planes that shoot, which he accomplishes with his own creative noises.
Where did this need to shoot things come from? Is it a gene that is inherited on the Y chromosome?
I suspected that it would happen, but had hoped for a little longer before this began. We certainly do NOT watch violent shooting movies in the house...both Brian and I would rather watch a comedy than a war movie.
But...other little boys watch different things...and Tam loves to play with friends. I think he picked up this shooting play from recent playground excursions, a birthday party, and the Cars 2 movie.
Sigh. He has no concept what shooting means or what is the consequence of being shot. He just likes to make the sounds at things.
Our combat to this?
No shooting in the house. No shooting family members. No exceptions.
Is it a solution? Should we care at all about this typical behavior? I don't know, but both Brian and I are at least attempting to keep it on a low simmer for now.
1 comment:
we are doing the same thing. luckily ciearra really doesn't play that way unless at her grandma's house (where there is a toy chest full of toy guns). it's tough!
~shelly
Post a Comment