Friday, April 13, 2012

Insights into eating meat

Brian accidentally found a way to get Tamlin to want to eat meat (like chicken or pork or ground meat). We were sitting down to eat chicken, rice, and a spinach salad. We tend to not make special meals for the kiddos; they eat what we are eating. Even Jude gets some of what we are having, just mushed up because of his lack of teeth. The salad is excellent, with blackberries, cranberries, nuts, goat cheese, and bacon. These are all things that we all love with our green "leaves." (Incidentally, Tam has no problem with processed meats, like chicken nuggets.)

Well, I was trying to cajole Tam into tasting at least a piece of chicken (as is the rule). Tam was valiantly ignoring me and gnawing down on the cheese and blackberries with gusto. Brian looked over, picked up a spinach leaf, and quickly wrapped up the questionable piece of chicken. He presented the little package to Tam with a grin. Tam immediately, and I mean immediately!, opened his mouth and popped the food nugget right in. He chewed, swallowed, and said how yummy it was.

Brian and I looked at each other with astonishment. I told him that I saw spring rolls in our future as a means of getting Tam to eat. Brian was just as amazed at his excellent parenting skills and commented that it would be no problem to provide leaves at all meals for wrapping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Kudos Brian!
Momma Bear