Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!  The day was sunny and bright and I had finished the kiddos outfits in time :-)
We all go up early to search for eggs and baskets (another post). 

Humidly we dressed and made it to church in time for the early 8:30am service.  I played a handbell solo, Brian sang, and we even let Tam join in with some drums and "La-la-la's" during the gathering music.  He was so excited to be "singing" with dad.  I love that this early service is a bit more laid-back and has more spiritual / less-traditional music...and the folks that attend are more laid-back too.

We headed home for some quick family photos before Brian raced back for the second service.  He was singing another solo for this more traditional service.  With the sun shining, we got some great shots.  I even let Tam climb a small cherry tree to get some fun photos among the bright pink blooms.

Jude still found flowers to attempt to eat.



Here you can see the boys clothes that I made.  I whipped up Tam's pants with  an elastic waist and folded up cuffs.  His shirt I bought.  For Jude, I sewed the overalls with elastic top and around the ankles.  I was so pleased that they fit around his bubble-cloth diapered butt.  The fabric is a plaid seer-sucker cotton I had picked up... and then had to get more for both outfits.  I used home-made patterns based on their current pants and followed a couple of on-line tutorials: For Tam's flat-front pants : Dana's MADE blog and for Jude's romper : Make it and Love it Blog.  I love both patterns / tutorials and plan to make more from them in the future, especially short rompers for Jude's summer wardrobe.



Here are a few shots of my boys together :-)


Lovely!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh you've become mom and are dressing the boys alike!!! decided to pass that torture on? lol

cute outfits though :)

~shelly

Summer said...

Hey...as long as they don't care. And Tam has no fashion sense yet.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Great Easter pictures!!!
Looks like the best Easter ever and I love the outfits and the bunnies!!!!!!
GM