
I made chocolate pomegranate cookies this week. I LOVE pomegranates...very, very, much love that tart-juicy fruit. When one of the mom-blogs (
MADE) I follow posted this awesome recipe, I knew I just had to try it. It probably help that she posted amazing mouth-watering photos too.
Well, I may not be the best foodie photographer, but the cookies turned out yummy anyways.
I enlisted Tam's help with making the cookies while Jude was taking his first morning nap. Tam really enjoys helping in the kitchen whenever Brian or I let him. He pulled his little chair right over to the mixer and helped with emptying every ingredient into the machine. He is also a pro at mixing dry ingredients by hand...with only a little spillage of chocolate powder over the sides of the bowl.


This was Tam's first taste of pomegranates. He wasn't sure about them with the first bite. But after helping to make the cookies, and seeing them getting mixed into the chocolate, he very quickly polished off the remaining seeds. (Exclaiming that he loved them all the while).


The cookies turned out pretty darn good. I loved the double chocolate base (cocoa powder AND chocolate chips, both were dark chocolate flavor) and I loved the little bursts of tartness from the pomegranate seeds. If I had any critique of the recipe, it would be that the cookies were a bit cakey for me...and it makes me wonder how these little fleshy seeds would be in an oatmeal-based cookie.
Tamlin and Brian thought the cookies were great. I'm surprised that any of the 3 dozen cookies lasted more than 3 days!
5 comments:
Ha-ha! I followed your link to get the cookie recipe and this is what I got:
Cooking for scientists! :-)
The paste didn't work:
Ocimum basilicum voucher P.M. McNutt 002 (FLDCI) 16S ribosomal RNA gene, partial sequence; tRNA-Ile (trnI) and tRNA-Ala (trnA) genes, complete sequence; and 23S ribosomal RNA gene, partial sequence; chloroplast
Whoops! That's for basil DNA sequences...I'll correct it so that you can try this out!
My goodness, Summer! How could you mix the cookie link and dna sequences link!
Momma Bear
how nice that Tam gets to help Make and Eat.
Too funny the link went to basil dna sequences.
gm
Post a Comment