Monday, February 1, 2010

First exam of the semester

Ahhh...I'm sitting here watching my students take their first exam of the semester. 100questions = 100pts. In this class, much of the information should be review from biology class in high school (atoms, carbohydrates, proteins, and the like). Hopefully many of them took my advice and began studying well in advance. Hopefully most of them will do well.

However, I already worry for them. Three of their classmates have not shown up for the test yet...as I sit 15minutes in from the start time. Two of the three are quite bright students, but not so good at attendance. Maybe they do not remember that the class actually meets 3x a week, including Mondays? We shall see what the excuses are...any guesses?

Most likely over-slept.

As to the rest of them...I wish them all the best of luck at this test of their knowledge.

3 comments:

Nathaniel said...

You learn many things in college -- a large portion of which aren't in textbooks. Certainly my personal responsibility rose during my time at WC.

Though, Dr. Mann did wake me up by calling my room about 30 minutes into his French final my (second) senior year. Thankfully, I still earned an A in that course.

Summer said...

Doh!
Yep... I remember walking into my speech final about 60minutes late.

Anonymous said...

And one wonders how you kids can find your way out of a paper bag sometimes!
Momma Bear