Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tam gets a haircut

As I recall, Tam came into this world with a full head of spikey dark hair. Everyone warned us that the hair would fall out eventually. It didn't. And we have tons of photos of his crazy hair sticking straight up throughout his first year of life. Tam got his first haircut at about 4 months. I've hacked at it with a pair of scissors at least twice since then with various success. Tam's hair has lighten over the past months and finally doesn't stick up as much.

Well, this weekend I mentioned to Brian that Tam's hair was looking ragged again, kinda like a mullet (yuck). Brian's reply was that we should just get one of those clippers hooked up to a vacuum like we saw in the movie Wayne's World. This would be in reference to the SuckCut: "Just a trim man; don't buzz me."..."Well, it certainly does suck!" Snicker, snicker. Sorry, a bit of a nod to a great movie that I think everyone should watch at least 12 times. Somehow, with Tam's love-hate relationship with the vacuum, I thought this would be a bad idea.

Instead, I went out and bought a cheap pair of electric hair clippers and was determined to have at Tam's melon hair. I strapped him in the high chair, turned on Sponge Bob Squarepants, and gave him a bunch of cheerios as a bribe. Buzz, buzz, buzz...and no blood. I don't think I did too badly. Brian even said I did a good job, but I'm not allowed to have at him yet.

After looking at the hair trim and its slight unevenness, I was reminded of a fellow blogger's recollections of her first hair cutting experience. She noted that not only will a bad hair cut eventually grow out, but that someone who still poops in his pants isn't going to notice (or care) if his hair isn't fabulous all the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did my little baby go!
Nana

Kathleen said...

I'm impressed!