Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Freezer Paper Stenciling

Look what I did!

I tried freezer paper stenciled last night. The trick is that the waxy side of the paper sticks to the cloth when warmed by an iron. This lets it work as a single use stencil with fairly crisp borders.

The project only took a couple of hours. For much of the time I cruised the clip art online to find cute images to use. I copied them to the freezer paper (waxy side down) and then cut them out carefully with an x-acto knife. Slapped 'em on the onesies, secured them with the iron, dabbed on the paint... and then had to wait all night for the paint to dry. This morning I giddily ripped off the paper and admired my craftiness. Even Brian oohh'd and aaahh'd over them. I think that this might be a Christmas gift idea for all the babies we know :-)

Yes, I really should be working on my fall syllabus and lectures, but this was way too fun to do instead. Even Brian wants to give it a go with some more "odd" art.
Here's Tam sporting one of my favorite one finished project. Awesome little bubbling beaker on the front...damn cute little bio-hazard sign on the bum :-)

2 comments:

Shelly said...

super cute!

Hanna said...

Awesome. I have a growing pile of white onsies in Dane's office. We may not be able to resist trying this out.