Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tam's new seat :-)

Tam is finally big enough for the hiking carrier!

I got this one on sale 'round Christmas with the hopes that we could start using it this summer.  I think it will be very handy when I'm in the field this summer checking out plants.   


Currently, Tam is fitting in it on its lowest setting and straps
 ...but that's good 'cause he has lots of room to grow (up to 40lbs).   Tam has his own mini shoulder harness and thigh straps to keep him in tight ad sound.  The front has fully adjustable shoulder and waist straps to help distribute
 the baby's weight.  I have to admit that it was fairly comfortable to wear...much more so than the front carrier for me.  Brian wasn't sure about the color, but I told him it was this or pink that were in stock. And if Tam's grins and squeals are any indication, I think he really likes his new view of the world!

3 comments:

Nathaniel said...

Pretty sweet ride Tamlin's got, there. Kickin' hat, too. You're writing all this gear down so Hanna and I will know what to get, yes?

Sorry I missed your phone call Monday -- we were at dinner w/ friends. This weekend, perhaps?

Hanna said...

Dane, the chances of me walking very far with 40 pounds on my back are slim, slim, slim. How long does it take them to get that big?

Summer said...

Tam is at 5 months here and about 16lbs (we think). The pack itself only weighs a few pounds...so not too heavy yet :-)

As to the gear, all I can say is that yard-sales are awesome and keep and eye out for store closings. This is how we got our deal.