Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Start of the 3rd trimester!

Yes...I know...It has been nearly a month since my last little note on this blog. My apologies! I'm now back at school all week and I'm not sure where the spare time is going to. Health-wise for me, I've been doing great. I feel like I've swallowed a bowling ball, but I feel great. I have been noticing that I'm definitely waddling more and I'm much slower moving up stairs. Brian has compensated for my slowness by walking behind me patiently, since his normal gait is much quicker :-) The tiredness hasn't returned yet (knock on wood). However, my eating habits has sky-rocketed again. I keep thinking I'm hungry or I crave a food...but then two minutes later I think I'm full. Sheesh. Our little guy has been more active lately, and I think I've finally felt him having a bout of hiccups. He is pretty squirrely early in the morning, then again around mid-afternoon, then right after dinner, and, if I'm still awake, he's having a party near midnight. All the little pats, prods, and pushes, are always putting a silly grin on my face!

Our official first check-up of the third trimester was today with our ob/gyn. We got to go to their brand new office suite for first time. Very modern, and very huge! The entire building is considered a Women's clinic...so there are quite a few touches of pink everywhere. The waiting room for our dr. sported a crystal chandelier (with white, clear, and pink crystals), as well as pink chairs, and a modern funky pink couch. While giggling, I had to ask Brian if he felt his testosterone draining as we sat there :-) Anyways, the check-up went really well. Everything seems to be going on track. My blood pressure was on the low side for me, Great! And the baby's heartbeat was nice and strong. She also said I had passed my glucose tolerance test with flying colors (115, when they worry if it is 140 or above). Lastly, she said my hemoglobin count was on the lower side and asked if I was getting enough iron lately. For most of this pregnancy, eating beef was my quirky food aversions. It hasn't been until the past couple of weeks that I've craved a hamburger lately. So, I've got to eat some more BBQ or get a vitamin...its always something. We head back to the maternal specialist next week...and we'll get another little peak at our boy!

No comments: