Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Carving Pumpkins

Carving Pumpkins:  Tamlin
Tam got his little pumpkin from a school field trip.  He insisted on doing everything himself this year.





Tam had no problem getting in and scooping out pumpkin brains with a spoon.  (He was a little squeamish about actually touching the orange inards).

He knew he wanted a mouth that went all the way around.

We even let him carve it out with the kit knives.  Yes, he had all his fingers at the end and no blood was spilled.



Carving pumpkins: Jude
Jude obviously didn't remember carving pumpkins in the previous years.  I opened up his pumpkin and he was "amazed" at all the stringy goop.  
He reached in to start pulling out the guts....



 Nope.
Nope...Nope...Nope.
He took out one handful and was done.
Nope.



I got stuck scraping out Jude's pumpkin while he decided to draw what type of face he wanted to carve.  His plan was that there needed to be two completely different faces.   Daddy joined us to help with the drafting and carving of his jack-o-lantern.






 We let Jude use the knife under close help & supervision of Daddy.

I got to do mine all by myself.  I tried out a scraping technique this year to give a bit of demension and depth...and TEETH!




Now we are ready for trick-or-treaters!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the best jack o lanterns ever!
nana margie