Happy Fourth of July!
We spent a quiet day, still recovering from our camping trip from last week. I hadn't wanted to even fire up the grill...so I admit, I ordered pizza. I'm hanging my head in shame, but in my defense, Brian was at work so I was fending on my own. The kids thought it was great.
After dinner, around dusk, we got out the sparklers and poppers. I wasn't sure the kiddos would stay awake, so I had them in jammies. Yes, Jude is our little fashion-statement of miss-matchiness.
The boys had fun snapping the poppers around the driveway or stepping on them.
The sparklers are always a hit. Tam was pretending to be a ninja with cool sparkler ninja-moves. Jude was content with just swirling the sparklers around in like a mad-man.
Last year, we had headed to Huron to see the fireworks and listen to jazz music. This year, I didn't want to fight crowds, so we stayed closed to home and just went around the corner to our neighborhood beach. We weren't disapponted! There were a few dozen people down at the beach, many families hanging out together. Members of a local house shot off about 50+ good size fireworks out over the water. Then, we had some smaller fireworks shot on the other side of the beach. Once full dark settled, we were able to see 5, 6, 8! groups of fireworks being shot further away along the coastline. We could hear the sounds and see the bursts of lights brighten the air. I thought this was so awesome...being surrounded by fireworks without them being overly loud. Very Cool to be a part of so many celebrations...all wooping it up for our great country's freedom birthday.
We lasted until Jude curled up in my lap and told me he was sleepy. The fireworks were still going at a couple of the points, but we headed home to our comfy beds.
America.
Great Country.
No comments:
Post a Comment