Last day of May and we spent the morning outdoors. Brian and I wanted to get some more gardening done in the cooler morning hours. The boys helped me to plant some radish and carrot seeds. They then lost interest in planting and decided to help with watering instead. We had just found Jude's little orange watering can in the garage (man did his eyes light up when we dug it out!), so he very excitedly delivered water to our plants. I did plant some bean seeds too; I surprisingly really liked our green beans last year and was excited to get some going again this year. Our tomato, pepper, and leek seedlings were all planted last weekend and seem to be fairing well. Now we have a bazillion of the tomato and pepper seedlings, but we have high hopes of lots of fruit from them in the fall. I did also remember not to plant ALL of the carrot and radish seeds so I can stagger their planting / harvesting this year. (Recall that we did get a million radishes all at the same time last year and got pretty sick of radishes).
After working in the vegetable gardens, Brian expanded one of the flower beds in the back and planted some lily-of-the-valley plants. By 9 o'clock it had gotten hot, and the boys were sweating. I let them have some fun on the slip-and-slide but by 10am, I gave in and got the pool out. Yep, it's May and our wading pool has been set up. I hope that this doesn't mean that this summer is going to be hot one...especially with the camping I've got planned!
And I got a good chuckle while over-hearing the boys (ours plus neighbor Liam) play. All three of them use a deep-voice to indicate that they are grown-ups speaking. They were using the toys for racing and making engine sounds and upgrading their cars / trucks and hauling things and other great imaginative play.
No comments:
Post a Comment