Sunday, February 22, 2015

Playdough

TWO DAYS of snow and freezing temperatures.
TWO DAYS of missed school.
And then a long cold weekend.
The boys were going crazy, which meant they were driving us crazy too. 
And I was sick of letting them watch TV/electronic games.

I broke out the playdough.

Our big 66qt rubber-maid bin of playdough and complimentary implements.

I opened a couple of cans...
Set the boys at the kitchen table...
And let them have at it.

No rules, except playdough stays in the kitchen.



 The car molds are still favorites.




 Rolling and cutting out shapes was a new fascination.



 Don't look, Shelly.  They mixed the colors. Gasp!  Tamlin had fun making cars in the molds and them smashing them with the roller, calling it demolition derby.



Two  hours.  They played with this stuff for nearly two hours with minimal supervision from me. 

 I was able to get much needed house-hold chores done and start on my latest sewing project :-)


No comments: