Sigh...
I went through Tam's jeans and I swear I pulled out more with hole(s) in the knees than were whole.
I've patched some of these pants earlier in the summer, only to find the other knee blown out now!
Sigh...
Well, I busted out some scraps and gain some inspiration from the internet.
And I had a "Duh!" moment when I read that other moms just OPEN A SEAM instead of wrestling that narrow leg around the needle of the machine. Doh! How simple! This technique opened up a ton of new possibilities for making fun patches...
like smiling mouths and little monsters. I backed them all with some fleece lined flannel for some added strength.
Tam says that his classmates think they are pretty cool.
2 comments:
Love!! I should give you a pair or 2 of Ciearra's to patch for me ;)
They are super easy with the opening of the seam...then sew back up and I run it over the interlock machine to finish. For C, you could do flowers and hearts :-)
Post a Comment