On Fridays, the boys and I order a pizza and watch a movie. We rotate who picks out the movie with the agreement that everyone must be okay to watch it. This last Friday, I suggested an older favorite: Night at the Museum. A fun movie in which the museum's displays all come to life at night, much to the watchman's surprise. There's a bone chasing dinosaur, a silly monkey, little arguing soldiers, and an Easter Island statue that chews gum.
In one scene, the watchman impresses Attila the Hun with a few magic tricks. He makes a coin disappear into thin air and then pulls it out from behind Attila's ear. They are all momentarily impressed. Tamlin was also impressed and totally believed in this magic.
The next morning, Tam was tossing a pirate coin up into the air and catching it. On one of the tosses, he missed the downward fall and the coin "disappeared."
Tam: "Mom, Mom! Guess what? I just did magic!"
Yep, he was convinced that he had made the coin disappear ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment