It was a beautiful clear night, so I asked Brian to set up a fire in the pit for us. We used some of the wood left over from summer camping excursions.
Then Brian taught the boys how to light sticks on fire and create glowing embers...
What?!
Apartently, he thinks the boys are old enough to learn a healthy respect for how cool fire is.
Sigh.
Nothing but sticks and marshmellows were caught on fire while we sat around in the late evening watching the glow. PS: the marshmallows were chocolate and excellent for roasting.
Our neighbors across the street came over to play and chat around the fire.
And we had sparklers = cool.
I love being able to spend time outside with the boys and friends :-) Since it is September now, I don't know if we'll be able to have another one of these this year :-(
No comments:
Post a Comment