The park had large areas of the field corded off and littered with little plastic eggs. At least they had the kiddos separated by age into different corals. Tamlin was with the 5-6 year olds and Jude with 3-4s. Oddly, the older kids were scheduled for their run 30 minutes before the littles. Tam was excited to give it a go. Jude was a fussernut... he was upset to wait, upset to stand, upset when his bag got twisted, upset with the mud, upset with waiting...did I mention he was a nugget-head?
The whistle blew and the kids were off...Chaos!
I swear the eggs were snatched up within 5 minutes... 5 minutes!
Tamlin picked up 3 eggs. Really, I was proud he at least got that many given how many kids were in the area competing for these things. The eggs had coins and tickets for candy and prizes. We attempted to wait for Jude's turn...but he was having none of that. He really doesn't like being in places with lots of people (I think its because he is only looking at kneecaps!).
Given the choice, Jude opted to get no eggs and to go play instead. I wasn't going to put up with whiny Jude for the slim chance of him grabbing some cheesy eggs...so we left the hunt to check out the treats and crafts.
Crafts went over much better for both boys. They made pom-pom chicks, pom-pom bunnies, and bunny masks. Jude really enjoys crafts so this was great. Tamlin likes crafts, but was way more interested looking at all the live snakes and turtles in tanks around the room.
Tamlin insisted on a photo! Both boys ended the time playing on the playground with the other gazillion kids still here after the hunt.
On the way back home, look who we found outside the candy store in our town!
It was a sweet way to end the day. I don't know if I would do a big egg hunt like that again...next time I'll stick to the local church gigs.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment