Saturday, February 8, 2014

Working on Valentine Cards

We are attempting to do the lollipop valentine cards...which meant I had to get the boys to hold still for photos with their hands out.  (The lollipop then goes through their hands on the card and so appears huge).
 I read a hint from a fellow blogger to tell the little ones to "pretend like they are punching the bad guy" to get their hands out stretched.

And this is what I got from my goofballs...




I think I got something I can work with...

And I did get a chance to flex my creative muscles again by making their valentine shirts.
Jude wanted a tow truck and Tamlin wanted a robot.  No problem! 
Tam's shirt is just a bleach job over a stencil he helped to pick out.  I like that the deep maroon shirt turned the cool pink shade with the bleach.  Jude's shirt began similarly with bleach but the red only faded a little.  I then went back with the stencil and painted the design with white fabric paint.
I love how both of them came out and I loved the smiles they gave me when I showed them the results!

No comments: