Monday, February 4, 2013

Bye-bye to baby clothes





  Jude is now 20 months old.  It was round about this age of Tamlin that Brian and I decided to consider having anther baby.  How do I feel now? 

After reflecting, I'm good.  I love, LOVE, my two boys.  I feel like my family is whole and complete.  I love being able to cuddle both boys at the same time and I love watching them play with each other.  My heart feels full.  I don't have a daughter, and I may never get a chance to name her Iris Louise, and I may not get to dress her in frilly little dresses, but I love my boys and I don't think I would trade them in for anything.

In light of this, I am ready to sell off the ol' baby clothes. Now I tried a bit of this last fall with selling at a consignment sale and it went well.  Now I am ready to rent the table, tag, and try to sell off the bulk of the stuff.  I am booked to give it a go at the end of February with my sister coming up to help.  But, before I get to the actual sale, I've got to sort and price everything. 

This past week, I tackled the clothes and shoes.


Jude helped :-)  Well, he found an old shirt that had a reindeer and cars on it which he clung to for the next hour.  He kept pointing to the cars and grinning.   Jude also helped with the organization...well, he clambered into and out of the tubs of clothes and squealed with happiness.

Tam was not interested in this at all.  Luckily, neither of the boys are overly attached to their clothes and have no problem with the idea of them being sold or given away.


 Next weekend, I'll tackle the toys...the boys may have more input with this!

No comments: