Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A box for Walentine's Day

A big box showed up on our doorstop last week... It wasn't anything that I had ordered from an online store...and it was addressed to Tamlin and Jude.

 Tam recognized that it was his name on the front and imedately asked to open it.  
I saw that it was our Valentine's box from Aunt Carol and Aunt Rosilyn (RoRo).


 Of course, Jude wanted in on the action. 
Whatever big brother is doing, he wants to be involved in to!

Tam:  Look Jude!  Its a box for us!  I bet there are cars inside; I love cars.

Jude : Wow!


 
 Tam:  Cards!  This one is for T - A - M...That's me!
Look!  There's cookies, and more cookies, and more cookies, and fudge, and candy!

Jude: Wow!


 Jude:  I'll remove my binky for a moment and try to gnosh-down on these candies...

(He has been known to chew through wrapping to get at the candy inside, 
such as Tootsie rolls at Halloween)



Tam:  Cool!  Books!  A book about snowman and one about dinosaurs.

Jude: Wow!  What's all this white fluffy shreddy stuff?  Is it toys?



 Tamlin : Roar!  Dinosaurs go Roar!  And listen, the book roars too!


Jude:  Books are cool.  These snowmen pop-up.  Momma read this book, Now!


 Jude:  But wait...that shreddy stuff looks cool.  Let me grab several handfulls and throw them around really quickly while everyone is distracted reading the cool pop-up books.


 Tam: Super-Tamlin to the rescue.  I'm on a mission, Mom.  I'll sweep it up!



Jude: I want to help too. That was fun!

Thank you, boys, you are both very messy and both good helpers. 
Thank you, Aunts.  The cookies were immediately shared amongst ourselves and friends.  The chocolates are being doled out for good behavior.  The fudge was eaten quickly.  And the books are HUGE hits.  Both the boys love interactive books.  Tam loves to pull the tabs to make the snowmen move and Jude loves to turn the pages to hear the dinosaurs roar.
Thank you!

No comments: