Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Little sleeping in our house

Jude has decided not to sleep at night.
He's still napping once or twice during the day.
And he goes down to bed fairly easily after our usual  routine.

Then he wakes up at 12:30
And 2:30
And 3:30
And 4:30...

I've changed the diaper (just a bit damp). I've made sure he has extra blankets to stay warm. I've sung songs, I've left music on and I've tried white noise. I've tried no light or night-light or even full light.  I've tried toothy-medicine and I've tried baby Tylenol. We've tried letting him cry it out, which he will stubbornly do for an hour.  Usually, our last resort is to snuggle him up with us, but he kicks...a lot.

We are going to drop in to the doctor's tomorrow to make sure it isn't any hanging on infection from the most recent bout of colds in our house.

However, We are not sure what to try next!

Anyways...be warned, family we are about to visit...you may be hearing Jude quite a bit in the night. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooo i guess i'll just take tamlin for a sleep over then! haha. have a safe trip!

~shelly

Nathaniel said...

Ugh, I remember having those kind of days. Unfortunately, you're doing everything we did to get through -- baby Tylenol, baby Advil, OraGel, holding and rocking and talking and everything else. Eventually, we spent many days driving around at night with one or both boys in the car, because that was the only thing that settled them.