Thursday, October 4, 2012

Boat ride and Hymn sing




 Brian was asked to help lead singing for a hymn sing on a paddle-wheel boat.  The church was selling tickets to ride, sing, and help support their community ministries.  It seemed like a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon together as a family...
though I worried about the kiddos falling through the railings (they didn't) and that we would be too chilly (it was heated).

 The boat was relatively small and enclosed, so I was relieved to see that I couldn't lose the wee ones on it.  There were two decks; the below deck was a walled dining area and the above deck was a railing porch area, though it was encased in plastic and had heaters.  There were 3 stairwells to explore to get from top to bottom.  Plus there were two open railed areas for letting the breeze blow in your hair.

Brian and the keyboardist sang from the top deck, belting out favorite hymns in harmony.  

Tam and Jude loved running around exploring the ship...They liked helping daddy sing too, but mostly liked walking around the boat...especially the stairs.  Both Jude and Tam loved going up and down the stairs and peering out into the water.

The boys also liked standing at the bow with their heads pressed up against the rails.  That is, I let them do this until Jude proved to me that his head is still small enough to fit through adjacent rails...as well as the rest of his body.  (Don't freak, I had a firm hold on him and we weren't going too fast).

Tam's wearing a new coat I sewed up for him.  I like it ok, but I think it is a little big.  Tam loves it because of the big pockets in the front.



We had fun watching the paddles turn too.


Red noses, rosey cheeks, fresh air, happy squeals, great songs, and lots of love...
A great afternoon together!
(and 2 tired boys who slept well that night).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must have been so much fun- can't beleive how big they are getting. What a nice excursion for the whole family!- GM