Before bed, we always read a book or three. Usually, we grab the board books for Jude, who still is a bit rough with the printed words. He also likes books with flaps to lift or places to touch different textures.
Anyways, Jude favorite book...the book he carries over to be read, or clings to when I put him down in his crib...is "Tickle, Tickle" by Helen Oxenbury.
The book only has four pages with a single sentence each...but it ends with a bang. Yep...it ends with "Tickle, tickle, under there." This means everyone gets tickled under their chins, which leads to tons of giggles.
Jude is so awesome with this that he now starts to tickle himself when we get to the last page!
Tamlin has just started being patient to hear longer books with less
photos. We have tried a chapter book or two, but often Tam's attention
span doesn't hold past a few nights. We've been reading about "The Littles" and general collections of fairy tales. Tam still favors books that deal with cars, trucks, trains, or dinosaurs. Really, he isn't that picky...he even grabs my old Little Golden Books to be read (even if they are about little sisters or dolls and are 30 years out of date). I think it is sweet.
I know I love this little time I have with my boys all participating in one of my favorite pastimes. Sometimes the world goes all soft and wonderful while I'm holding a snuggly little boy who's my son, kissing the top of his head, while he turns the pages while reading his book.


No comments:
Post a Comment