Since we had already been to the Berry County Fair to see the animals, I knew we could spend more time seeing the tractors and riding the rides at this fair. Because of this, we choose to go on family day when the rides were only $1. I have to admit, I am ecstatic that Tam is finally tall enough to experience the thrill of these carnival rides. I am totally grooming him to like these fast steel contraptions so that, when we do get to Cedar Point someday, he'll want to ride with ME!
As usual, the HUGE tractors captured Tam's attention right away. He loves that he is allowed to climb up on them. I like to compare my little men to the enormous tires :-)
We did get to see animals too. There is a group that brings in rescued farm and pet animals for people to see. These guys are really friendly and love getting fed from little hands. This year, Tam had the added fun of walking into the Budgie bird cage. There, the birds landed on him and Brian, much to there delight.
I love this picture of the little lamb reaching out to lick Jude's
toe...and Jude bending over to investigate what's tickling him!
Jude loved waving to his big brother every time he went by us on each ride.
There were only tears twice...once when we said he couldn't go through the fun house because he wasn't tall enough and once when we told him he had to come out of the bounce house.
He loved everything he tried. When asked what was his favorite, he quickly answered with "Ferris Wheel!" He wasn't tall enough to ride the Ferris wheel by himself, so I readily volunteered to ride with him :-) No fears from him at all while looming high in the air.
Jude and Brian in their fantastic hats...in the sweltering sun.
Find the family members shot!
Great fun!
2 comments:
Your boys will remember these trips to the fairs like you did growing up in Ashtabula and going to the county fair...good eats, good fun, good times!
Nana
Love that Tam enjoyed the rides so much!!!!! Looks like Jude is enjoying his brother having fun too! He'll be next- GM
Post a Comment