I did it...
I was finally brave enough to venture to the movie theater with both the boys to see a movie that I thought we all would enjoy. What prompted this? Well, I saw that my favorite furry monsters, the Muppets, were releasing a new movie. I heart the Muppets. I loved the early movies of theirs and thought this would also be a hit. I checked out the reviews and saw nothing that I would object letting my little ones watch.
I then checked to see when there was a local showing of The Muppets at a matanae time that wasn't during Tam's nap time. (This is no small feat). I stumbled onto a local theater that provides mom showings of movies. This means that once a week around 10am, they show a kids movie with the lights only dimmed and the sound not as loud. Mom's are encouraged to come to this showing and wee ones running around is expected to occur. Excellent. I packed the diaper bag, bundled up the kiddos, dropped Brian and work, and headed out on the new adventure.
How did it go? Here's a hint... we started the movie with about 2 dozen people in our theater room and we ended with about 8 (3 of these were us). Tamlin did pretty good for trying to sit still and pay attention to a 2 hour movie. He sat in his booster seat and ate his popcorn for about half of the movie. Then, he got squirrelly and had to get up and talk / play / dance with the other kids in the room. Jude watched the movie from my lap for a bit, then conked out (it was his early nap time.)
When asked afterwards if he liked the movie adventure, Tamlin said "Oh yeah" . . . but he really couldn't tell you much about it except there was a frog in it.
Cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment