Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lawrence Welk

The other evening Tam was playing with cars (like usual) and I was flipping through the channels on the TV...it was just before bedtime and I was looking for something for him to watch before heading upstairs.

I paused on the PBS station and there were this quartet of women with upswept hairdos singing some folk song (in black and white). Tamlin hears this and comes running full tilt into the family room, jumps on the couch, and says "we watch this?" All I can think is "WTF?" I ask Tamlin if he likes the singing and he says yes. Okay.

Apparently, this was the Lawrence Welk Show's opening number for the evening. Tamlin was entranced! The next number was a serious of popular music clips with a couple featured doing the various associated dances (waltz, foxtrot, tango, twist, etc.)

Tam looks at me and says "dancing?"
"Sure, Tam, you can dance," I assure him. Tan follows this with "Mamma dance too! Put baby Jude down and dance please." Okay, how can someone say no to this!

We then both dance around for the next 20minutes to hits of a bygone era :-)
Sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! I knew music appreciatin would manifest itself-GM