Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finger painting

In preparation for making card for the upcoming Father's day, I was going to let Tam do some finger painting. This isn't as bad as it sounds since I use soap foam and a bit of food coloring as the "paint", which makes clean up really easy.

So...
paint = check
paper = check
apron = check
Kid = check

Commence having oodles of fun getting paint all over....

And Tam sticks his fingers in, makes a few marks and gets...frustrated. Apparently I have the only kid who doesn't like finger painting. It seems that the paint doesn't last long enough, so Tam was having problems drawing a car like he would with a crayon. sheesh.

Problem solved with the introduction of paint brushes.

Then a fun time was had all over several sheets of papers, his hands, arms, and face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure if he had the original messy finger paints that you had as a child he would have not needed the brush, but then you might never let him finger paint again (Like I with you!) Good idea using what you did!
Momma Bear