Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stupid hormones

Having a kid wrecks havoc on the body...I have to keep reminding myself that only a week ago Jude was inside instead of outside of me. My body seems to still be adjusting to this change as well. I felt a ton more of the side effects this time around than last time...then again, I don't really remember to much of the first month of Tam's life (it's mostly a fatigued blur).

So what's going on inside?

Finally, my after-pains have subsided and I don't feel the need to pop pain medicine at least once a day. My milk came in with a huge rush. Good golly were the melons large and in the way for at least 48 hours. This has also gone down as Jude has been eating only what he needs. Along the same line, I can feel when the milk refills the girls after Jude's eaten. It feels like prickles all over. The baby blues hit about two days ago and was a rough 24hours, but I found that the chocolate particles and naps helped immensely.

However, the oddest one was full-blown chills that hit me last night about 4am. I got up and realized that I was freezing, to the point that my entire body was shaking and my teeth were chattering. The episode eventually subsided with the help of warmth from Brian and an extra blanket. No, I wasn't running a fever or anything else indicating the flu / infection...just a bout of the shakes. (It did freak Brian out a bit).

Yep, all hormones be-bopping up and down right now.

No comments: