At my Tuesday appointment, my blood pressure was a little higher than my normal and bridging borderline for worrisome. The Doc had me return on Friday for a fetal non-stress test and another peak at the blood pressure. So, I waddled back to the office Friday morning to be hooked up to the fetal monitor tracking wee one's rolling around. That information looked great, but my blood pressure was still a bit high. The doctor finally declared that induction was inevitable given my blood pressure past and the way it was creeping up this time. Then she surprised me by saying... let's do it TUESDAY. As in Tuesday, May 17...four days away. Ok. I thought I was ready to possibly induce next week, but late next week when Brian's folks were here too. I am still not quite mentally ready to pop the kiddo out so soon. According to the internal body check, I'm fairly ready to go at any time, and the doctor warned me that I might start labor on my own before Tuesday.
We are in at 3am...with the hope to be done by Tuesday afternoon with a healthy baby boy in our arms. I'm just hoping it goes a bit quicker than last time and that it doesn't hurt quite as much.
Here's the 39week update (I'll hit this on Tuesday :-) The funny thing is we just devoured a min-watermelon tonight for dinner.
How your baby's growing:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
2 comments:
Oh, wow!!! Two days away. Good luck! We can't wait to see your new little man. :-)
Hang in there Summer- can't wait to see the next little guy! GM
Post a Comment