Officially, I've just reached the 35week mark with 5-6weeks to go for full incubation period. If I was living back in the 1700s and rich, I would be starting my laying-in period in a closed room with closed curtains and staying in this claustrophobic room until about 1 month after the birth. Well, that's not for me. I'm hanging in there and still teaching all my classes, including a walk or two each week identifying plants around the area with my taxonomy class.
I'm still feeling pretty good, but noticibly slowing down and becoming tired more quickly. My feet have started to swell by the evening and my back hurts almost the entire day. Indegestion is still high 'cause the little one hasn't fully dropped yet. However, weight is staying steady as is my blood pressure.
As to Baby, he's still active in the morning and nighttime (11-1am). The movements aren't as quick or frequent anymore 'cause he's running out of room, but they are still pretty strong. It is still very odd to stare at my belly and see a lump move from one side to the other :-)
The doctor appointment today went fine. She's really pleased that I'm doing so well, and doesn't foresee any problems unless my BP shoots up. I'll start my weekly appointments with her next week...every Tuesday. Hard to believe it is almost go time!
Baby Center's Comments:
How your baby's growing:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

3 comments:
I am ready for this baby!!! So are the rest of the family here in Ohio, especially your aunts! We are just hoping the name you choose for this little fellow will be a "normal" one (not Leaf or Clover of Treebark)!!!!
i can't wait to meet my new nephew!! u should post some pics of your belly (clothed of course)!
You are a machine, Dr. Silvieus, like what's-her-name in Order of the Stick. You do read that comic, yes?
We should chat soon; been missing you guys!
Post a Comment