Monday, April 4, 2011

Colors!

Finally, finally, Tam is recognizing and communicating colors!

Prior to this achievement, given just about anything, Tam would insist it was "red." And for a while, I was worried that the poor kiddo wasn't seeing the colors at all, perhaps having some form of colorblindness. Both Brian and I were trying to entice him to learn the colors by asking him to bring us cars of certain shades and giving high praise as reward for correctness.

But, this last week or so, we have had success. Tam can now consistently name red, blue, green, white, black, and purple. If you ask him what his favorite color is, each day it might be something different. However, whenever we are playing the matchbox cars game on the playstation, he ALWAYS wants to be the purple car...even over the car that looks like "Doc" from the Cars movie (his favorite car in the movie). Yes, yellow is still right out...I think he can't say the word yet. And pink is still red.

This has also led to him determining that Brian and I have certain toy matchbox cars that are distinctly ours. One of them is a yellow car for Dada, and one is a green car for Mommy. It's kinda cute...especially since he can't seem to explain WHY these certain cars are ours. It seems his little brain is grasping more concepts and remember more each day.

No comments: