I'm cautiously giving today a tentative forward step in our PT adventure...
I introduced a baby doll that drinks and wets today (Thanks to my ol' Lucy doll). Tamlin immediately took a shine to the doll; I think this was because it was new, and the eyes open and shut, and the legs were posable so she could sit upright. Together, we gave the baby water. Then we listened to baby and she told us she had to potty. Then Tam sat her on the potty and she "peed." We then clapped and hugged in celebration. Oh and baby got 2 m&m's for her good deed too. I'm hoping the visual cues help him recognize what he needs to do.
Here are today's stats:
15+ times we sat kiddo on the potty with no outcomes.
5 times kiddo peed on the floor.
4 times baby peed in the potty.
2 times kiddo pooped on the floor...though he went over to the potty or told daddy about it afterwards.
1 time kiddo woke up last night wet.
1 time I caught kiddo midstream, startled him, BUT HE FINISHED IN THE POTTY!
0 times kiddo wet the bed during his nap.
I think we'll cut down on the open space that we are allowing him to run around in so that we have a better chance of getting him to the potty in time. At least we know he isn't afraid of the potty or constipated by holding it all in. Patience...
2 comments:
That's sounds like quick progress to me. Incidentally, I'm horrified by the thought of doing this for two at once.
I've got nothing to help you out with since we are in the midst of this adventure. So far bare-butt and baby-legs and lots of potties have been a great way to go.
Post a Comment