Thursday, August 5, 2010

Little one is growing up

With the upcoming event of potty training (soon, I think), we decided that Tam should transition out of the crib to the toddler bed. Remember oh-so-long ago when I was pondering what crib to get for kiddo? And recall I finally decided on one that went from crib to toddler bed to head/foot board of full size bed? Anyways, I think we are ready for "phase 2" of the transformer bed.

With great pomp, I removed the high side-rail of the crib and replaced it with a shorter, half-rail. This means it looks kind of like this photo. However, of the entire process, Tam was most fascinated with the long screws I removed. He kept trying to put them back in the sides! Eventually he realized that he can get in and out of the bed on his own. He giggled quite a bit.

The big test came at bed time. For added insurance, I placed a baby gate in his bedroom door. Okay...place your bets...
Do you think Tam...
  1. Crawled into bed, put his head on his pillow, and went right to sleep.
  2. Crawled into bed, put his head on his pillow, but was out of the bed within minutes and playing with toys.
  3. Crawled into bed, crawled out of the bed, began to cry at the gate for momma, and fell asleep on the floor.
  4. Crawled into bed, crawled out of the bed, began to cry at the gate for momma, but eventually crawled back into the bed and fell asleep.
I'll let you ponder the choices with the answer tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet #4 is the answer!
Nana

Shelly said...

Well???? What's the answer?