Sunday, July 25, 2010

WTF

I was giving Tam a bath last night since he's a filthy little boy from running around outside all day. Tam loves bathtime. It always begins with him tossing at least a dozen toys into the tub while it fills with water. Once in the H2O, he plays happily while I scrub the scum off of him. Once I'm done, I let him just play for a while. He practices his kicking and blowing bubbles and keeps himself busy pouring water from bucket to bucket. Once he starts to prune, I tell him it's time to get out. He immediately responds to this command by prostrating himself in the tub and saying no,no, no.
I usually just pull him out anyways.

This time, he REALLY didn't want to come out of the tub. So I did the unthinkable according to the kiddo-raising books...I pulled the plug on the water while he was still in the tub. I guess that most kids freak out and think that they will go down the drain with the liquid .

Tam didn't really realize the water level was diminishing until it was nearly gone. Then, very solemnly, he looks at me. His facial expression completely conveyed the phrase "What the hell?! Where did all the water go?" This was accompanied with his hands out and shoulders shrugged.

Ah, man, I cracked up.
Then, I had to try to tell him the water was all gone because it was time to come out...while trying not to laugh too much at him directly.
Oh, man, I so wished I had the camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my grandson!
Nanna