Since it is the summertime, I've had a bit more free time to get my "Craft-game" on. Since a bit of a basement-leak fiasco, my sewing room has moved back upstairs to the dining room. This isn't too bad of a work space since the table is high enough that kiddo's questing hands still can't reach stuff (read sewing notions, scissors, pins, etc).
As of late, I've been sewing a mad storm of gifts for friends and relatives. The thought was to wait for Christmas to send things out...but I just never have the patience and tend to gift early :-)
However...I forgot to take photos of this cool-stuff-I-made before mailing! Sheesh. Anyways, I did have fun trying a couple new patterns for aprons out of fun fabric and recycled cloths. And I loved having a go at making ruffle-butt onesies for a friend's little girl. These were a great way to utilize some of the floral print fabrics in my stash and it made me really want a little girl to dress up in uber-cute things. And I loved experimenting with some new freezer-paper stenciling on onesies for friends....but you all will just have to trust me that I did these things and they were cool.
Next time I will have photo-evidence.
I'm currently constructing a car caddy for Tam's November birthday and a set of alphabet bean-bags....and then maybe this cool super-hero cape (but I don't think I'll make it in hot pink).
No comments:
Post a Comment