Thursday, May 27, 2010

Laundry fun

We are trying to be a little more crunchy by hanging our laundry outside to dry and not use electricity to run the dryer. Brian hung the rope awhile ago, but the weather had been nasty and rainy until this past week. Our other impediment was trying to find clothes pins...apparently these aren't readily sold anymore. However, Brian did finally locate a store which had the pins, constructed of bamboo!

So, on Sunday, I hauled a pile of wet clothes and a kid out to our back yard to hang the laundry. Man, I felt just like I had stepped into my own mother's shoes! There was a slight breeze and the sun was bright, so I knew the clothes would be dry in no time at all. Kiddo thought this was an awesome new thing to play with, and he ran back and forth under the clothes repeatedly. Giggles and squeals of delight were heard every time he would turn and look at me from under a shirt or bed sheet. Silly kid...but I remember doing the same games when I was small too :-) Sometimes it really is the simple things and a bit of imagination to keep a wee one entertained.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know how I love to hang out sheets especially on a warm (and cool) breezy days...nothing smells or feels better than crawling into a bed freshly made with sheets dried outside!

Oh, by the way, your Aunt C says she really enjoys your blog! ME TOO!
Momma Bear