Friday, March 26, 2010

1st sewn shirt attempt

I finally got around to trying a first attempt at a shirt for Tam. I wanted to use the car flannel fabric I had bought about a month ago. The sleeves are a brown knit. I used the instructions from a fellow mom blogger and attempted to use an old shirt of Tam's as a pattern. I love the cute overlapping neckline. This style allows me to avoid using elastic or buttons to get the neck over Tam's big noggin.

The shirt didn't take me too long to construct, but I do wish I had a serger option on my sewing machine to help with finishing edges.



I mostly like how it came out, but it looks as if I need some adjustments to the pattern. The shoulders came out a bit broad and should be narrower. It also looks as if I need to take it up a size to allow for our boy's growing middle :-) Overall, I give myself a B for this project.

My next try may be a recycled shirt of mine so that I can avoid doing many hems myself.

Now I only need to find some more free time.

No comments: