Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Magic of Gloworm

I'm not shamelessly plugging a toy but I have to give props for this one. Tam's favorite toy by far is the musical gloworm that Shelly purchased for him. It has to be on our top 20 best baby gifts list.
This little gadget has a face that glows oddly reddish and plays several lullaby songs. Tam is fascinated with this stuffed toy! If he hears the music from anywhere in the room he turns his little head frantically to try to find it. We aren't sure if it the light or the music or both that grab his attention but it does seem to mesmerize him. He hasn't got the strength yet to press the belly for the sound/lights yet...he mostly just noshes on the nose :-)
Gloworm has calmed Tam when he's fussing for little reason. He plays when him when I need to occupy his attention while I'm busy in his bedroom. And gloworm is there when he's on his way to dreamland in bed. What great baby magic!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Howdy
It a ghost from the past. Lana. Boo!

Hey thanks for finding on Facebook. I would love to catch up with you when you have a chance. Anyhow, here is my toy plug. Fisher Price Laugh and Learn. She started playing with this toy about 6 months and she still plays with it. Now, she's into counting and singing along with the A-B-C's and 1-2-3"s songs. She seems to discover different aspect of the toy through different stages of development.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2341&e=detail&pid=30446&pcat=bulnl

Summer said...

Yeah, Lana! I'll have to keep an eye out for this one at ye ol' yard sales :-)