Here's a list of ramblings that I was thinking about while feeding Tam this morning 'round 6 am. The mind does crazy stuff early in the morning...
- Why do they put functional pockets on baby clothes? It's not like they are putting anything in them.
- Why don't we have a type of pavement that is impervious to potholes? The inventor of this would make millions!
- If someone says "Whoa! That smells horrific...here smell this", why is it that the next person ALWAYS smells it too?
- Why don't humans have wings? It would cut down on airplane prices, but probably up the "terrorist threat."
- Why is it that your finger conveniently fits in up your nostrils? There is nothing up there for them but trouble. Tam has just figured out this great trick.
- Why are there nipples on men? They aren't for milk. Are they only there as a place to put clamps?
- Why does nearly everyone try to eat crayons at some point early in life? Admit it...we've all done this. So now, crayola has this crayon that sits inside a big plastic holder. Supposedly it is easier for small hands to hold this fat crayon holder, but is it preventing the gnawing on crayons as well?
- Not only can you wonder how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but what kind of dance do they perform? I think it might be the line dance to "Personal Jesus."
- And a friend randomly asked me: "In what shape would you make a device capable of destroying the Earth, and where would you keep it?" I would totally make a stealth device that look convincingly like a cute harmless puppy or maybe make a mind control device that was placed in all Blackberry devices or maybe even a big honking ray gun like Marvin the Martian had and I would keep it on the roof but tell people it was merely a telescope for studying the sun :-)
3 comments:
Fun fact for the day: Nipples on men aren't useless. Most men can be induced to lactate by stimulation of the nipples alone (no hormone injections). And many men will lactate spontaneously when recovering from near starvation. You should check out "Why is Sex Fun?" by Jared Diamond. It's full of interesting stuff like that -- plus a quantitative comparison of the sizes of human and chimpanzee penises. I laughed my butt off reading it, but Dane found it very disturbing. :-)
Jeezus, Hanna, enough with the "men can lactate" stuff! I don't care if it's true, or what insights that fact provides about human sexuality or biology or anything else, it's disgusting!
Too bad I'm in the wrong crowd, though, as I'm sure Summer will find it as fascinating as you do.
I'll check out your book and recommend another:
"Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation"
http://www.drtatiana.com/
Talks about the wild and weird sex practices across different animals. Evolutionary biology at its finest!
Written well by a scientist and even made into a series to "racey" to be shown in the US. (Only seen in England I think).
Post a Comment