Friday, December 19, 2008

#1 : What we didn't know before baby

I've decided to keep a running log of all the new things we are learning about being parents of this wee little bundle of squirminess.  This way, we can look back on the list and laugh and laugh!  And here I thought I already knew everything in the world!

Our first tidbit has to be learning how NOISY babies sleep at times!  Our Tam is a grunter . . . like a little pig or a gassy old man.  Grunt, grunt, snort, snort, grunt, fart... sheesh.   I didn't think breastmilk would give a baby so much gas for burps and farts.  He might have reached the end of sleeping in the pack-n-play in our room because of all the noise he makes between 2 and 4am.  He eats around 10ish, wakes & eats around 2ish, grunts for couple of hours, wakes and eats around 4-5ish and may be done with the night.  My mom-sense hears all the noise and can't sleep.  So into to the crib in the nursery might be his fate.  

Then at other times, he sleeps like a quiet sake of potatoes. 

No comments: