A friend sent me this you-tube video created to help get people motivated to vote in the upcoming election. I expect ALL of you reading this blog to get out to the polls and vote this year!
Remember, you can't complain about the government if you didn't voice an opinion on who is sitting in Washington.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DtNcNq-TAU&NR=1
5 comments:
Nah, I'm not going to vote. What's the worst that could happen? It's not like they're going to start two wars or run out of money or turn the country into a fascist police state or anything . . . oh, wait. :-)
I'm glad, in a way, that Colorado is considered a "swing state" this time. It feels like my vote will count more. I'm looking forward to voting for the winning side for the first time in my life.
You watching the VP debate tonight? I can't (I'm in class this evening), but I intend to watch the recap as soon as I get home. I'm sure Rachel Maddow and Keith Olberman will have interesting things to say about it.
We'll be watching as much as we can stand...and probably switch over to something more realistic...like Southpark :-)
At least I never "saw" the money in my retirement account, so I don't actually miss it as the stock market plunges!
YOU KIDS!!! Why are so many of you just now thinking about voting!!! What were you doing all those years since you turned 18? How many times have you voted in any election!!! At least now we have your attention!!! Maybe, just maybe, your votes "way back when" would have prevented some of our problems! Every election is important...even local issues/elections of people. It all counts in the long run. ALWAYS VOTE!
Pah-lease. I vote in every election. Have for years. My favorite was last fall when I helped boot that fundie wannabe Santorum out of office.
Yeah, I've always voted! Granted, I used to vote for Green Party candidates in WV a lot . . . but, at least I showed up and filled in my sheet of paper. And my vote for school board probably had some influence. :-)
But like Dane, I'm really looking forward to voting for a winning candidate! I got a taste of it last year when CO voted in a Democratic governor and senator. Now I'm dreaming big. Particularly since Biden ROCKED OUT last night! Good choice, Obama. :-)
Post a Comment