Monday, October 6, 2008

Month 8 = Honeydew!


I can see the finish line! I'm in the home-stretch now with a little under 7 weeks to go until I'm at full term of 40 weeks. If the baby feels like being born any time now, he has an pretty great chance of survival. Hmmm...Maybe I should put up a calendar and take bets as to when he's leaving the womb :-)
Here's what's happening this month with baby growth: Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

i say you are going to pop around the first week in november...and i hope you've been singing/talking to him all along!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shelly! First week of November! Make sure Brian practices his singing next to your tummy for sure. When you girls were babies I used to play classical music on the record player during your naps/quiet time so you would grow to love music! I think it worked. :)
Momma Bear

Summer said...

I think you guys are thinking too early. I hope to make it through the first week of Novemeber...and maybe shoot him out during the next week :-)